Thursday, May 29, 2008
1. Getting ready to graduate high school
2. Finalizing my enlistment into the Air Force
3. Riding around in Renee's Saturn, Patrick
4. Making 6 of the bestest friends evAH and having tons of fun (Supa7!)
5. Getting the worst grades of my scholastic career (somewhat due to #'s 2-4)
5 things on my to-do list today(most of which I already did since it's almost 10 p.m.):
1. Finish Memorial Day Weekend laundry (it was really more of a week's worth since we ended up staying two extra nights with my in-laws)
2. Make my meal plan for the week.
3. Grocery shop for above
4. Make dinner instead of eating out because our fridge is bare
5. Put Ethan to bed. Tonight this is taking awhile. He's fussing in his crib as I type and the Prowlers are flying around our house.
5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Kettle Chips
3. Popcorn (with salt and fresh ground pepper!)
4. Chips and Salsa
5. Ice Cream (Oh, how I miss ice cream! When Ethan weans, I'm going on a dairy eating binge I tell you what)
Things I would do if I were a millionaire:
2. Find the ideal spot for living, buy a big bunch of land and build a neighborhood of dreamhouses for myself and my family. This could either be a compound or a commune depending on how you look at it. Maybe a little of both.
3. Found a classical Christian school, make my husband the headmaster. Find and hire the most awesomest, Godliest, smartest teachers. They can have dream homes in the communpound too.
4. Find babies that need a mama and bring them to live with me (aka adopt)
5. Make my way through midwifery school and found a birth center with other Christian midwives and help women have babies (this would have to wait until my own babies were mostly grown)
5 places i have lived:
1. Kansas City, MO
2. San Ramon, CA
3. Morgan Hill, CA
4. San Antonio, TX
5. Monterey, CA
That's it! Now you!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Enjoying the View
Originally uploaded by Steve Bremer
Yesterday was so nice and warm here that we were actually able to wear shorts and t-shirts on the beach! We had a great day going on a short hike through the woods and down to the shore at Ft. Ebey State Park, and then we headed down to Langley for a yummy lunch overlooking the water. One of my favorite things to do here on a Saturday is just drive the island and find things to do as we go. Luckily my huband doesn't mind the aimless journeys and humors my requests to "turn here".
Ethan was not too sure about the sand. He could pick it up, but then he couldn't drop it. And Mama wouldn't let him eat any, either. Although I think he did manage to get some in his mouth surreptitiously. His least favorite by far, though, was when Mama dipped his toes into the waves lapping up at the beach. Doesn't she know that stuff is cold?!