Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Two!


Ethan
Originally uploaded by Steve Bremer

So, as it turns out, I really stink at blogging lately. I'm finding short updates on Facebook to be much easier to manage at this point in my life, but I have been remiss in not putting up a post for my birthday boy.

Last month, on the 23rd, Ethan turned the big oh-two. He is my funny, funny guy who repeats everything I say (so be careful with your tongue, Mama!) and loves to be in on whatever his dad is working on. He has learned to sing the Doxology and "Come Thou Fount", and even if some of the words aren't exactly clear it is such a blessing for us to hear those melodies coming out of his heart. (I should say that yesterday we ran to Baja Fresh for a taco dinner and in his excitement Ethan sang the tune of Come Thou Fount, but every single word in the song was substituted with the word "taco".)

My oldest baby is turning into a little boy. It is fun for me to see, and yet I look at his newborn pictures and I wonder how I am going to send him off to college someday without bawling my eyes out!

Happy Birthday, Little Man!! We love you so much and can't wait to see you grow into the man God is shaping you to be.


No comments: