Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Busy Mama

I have been wanting to blog about a lot of things for awhile, but haven't had any time! Hmm, I wonder what could be occupying me? I have some idea and I think it is the little Bubba in these photos. He will be 7 months old tomorrow!



Ethan and I have been taking the Mommy & Me swim class down at the Oak Harbor Pool. We love it! He doesn't know enough to be afraid of splashing and going under, and I'd like to keep it that way. He isn't actually learning how to swim of course, but he will be comfortable with the water when it comes time for lessons. I could get on my soapbox about how teaching young kids to swim and be around water is super important for their safety, but I won't. :)


Then, last weekend Ethan had a visit from his Grandma and Grandpa Bremer. We had a great relaxing time even if Daddy wasn't around to enjoy it with us.

The Saturday that they were leaving, we all woke up to snow! Snow! It all melted off by early afternoon, but Sunday this is what I woke up to:


Even more snow! Yikes. It was so pretty, but so strange to be seeing it this time of year (or at all, really, since I lived in Texas for 6 years). Once again it all melted, probably before noon. Monday and today have been nice enough that I have been outside in short sleeves. I have been working on starting all my veggie seeds for this year's garden. This year's garden will actually be a first veggie garden for me. I feel really blessed to have the space to plant one, and I hope that will be the case whenever we move to a new town.


Hopefully in the upcoming weeks and months I will actually get these starts into the ground and we will have fresh lettuce, carrots, green onions, peas, brussel sprouts, potatoes, onions, squash, mint, and fennel. And there will probably be more as I get comfortable sowing all my little seedlings.

So that is my life in a nutshell these past two weeks. Hopefully hubby will be home this weekend to share in our full, fun days!

No comments: