Saturday, February 22, 2014

I Have a Boo-Boo, Honey

Steve always gives me a hard time about how often I injure myself in the kitchen.  It seems like I'm always burning myself or cutting myself in some minor way.  Well, last night I managed to outdo even my best injuries and I wasn't even cooking.  I was washing our big, heavy knife and it slipped and fell right on the knuckle of the index finger of my right hand.  I thought it just sort of "bounced" off my finger, but when I looked, there was blood.  And when I was trying to bandage it I could see in my finger.  Oh man.

note the attractive slippers
 Now it's immobilized and my long suffering husband dealt with my dramatic antics while he cleaned it and bandaged it.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the next week (?) or so while it's healing.  Even with the splint I can't move it the wrong way without pain, and people, I have diapers to change and jars to open.  And if you look to the picture below you can see how much trouble this guy can get into on a regular basis.  Not to mention, typing this post with nine fingers was less than ideal.

organizing the cupboards

Maybe I will just relegate myself to safety scissors from now on.

No comments: