Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Reunited!


My wonderful husband is home! He got home Friday evening and we had a lovely four-day weekend together. Yesterday we took the ferry to Port Townsend and then drove to Port Angeles, which is right on the edge of the Olympic National Forest. We took a short hike into the woods where the above picture was snapped. The hike was only about a half mile, but man that turns long when you have a 17lb baby strapped to your chest! Actually, we would have gone on some more but the trail was incredibly muddy in some spots and I was only wearing tennis shoes. At points I thought maybe waders would have been a better option. My jeans had muck splashed up to my knees by the time we were done. Ethan enjoyed a lot of the hike, but did get hungry and cranky towards the end. I can't wait to go back this summer and do some real hiking and camping.

Today Steve is back at work and I am, well, back at work at home. Life is good.

No comments: