Tuesday, July 17, 2007

So Much for an Uneventful Pregnancy!

So it turns out I have a kidney stone. I went into L&D tonight for severe back pain and thank God I'm not still there having a baby, but I am pretty sure that I have a kidney stone which is NO GOOD. They gave me a shot of non-narcotic pain relief at the hospital, so I'm not feeling too bad now, but this stuff is only supposed to last 24 hours. They released me and the OB gave me some vicodin, which, even though he prescribed it to me, I'm completely wary about taking.

I have to go in to get an ultrasound tomorrow to check and make sure that the stone is small enough to pass on its own. Otherwise, I don't know what they are going to do.

I had a kidney stone about 5 years ago, so I'm not totally unprepared for the pain, but I know this is going to be a difficult week for me. Steve is getting here tonight, so thank goodness I will have someone here!

Please pray for a quick passing, and that the baby is okay with all the stress and meds. Also, I'm a little drowsy-ish right now because of the medication, so if this is not-so-coherent that's why!

2 comments:

Kate said...

jodi, oh, i am so sorry for you. i'll be praying for you this week. i hope everything will be okay. god is in control.

Kristen Borland said...

praying for you!!!